Scallywags
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A meeting place for the Scallywags Society

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Match
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead I_vote_lcapOn the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead I_voting_barOn the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead I_vote_rcap 
Othello
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead I_vote_lcapOn the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead I_voting_barOn the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead I_vote_rcap 
Willy von Zuppa
Blood Scaramuche
Jade De Menace
Frank
Just A Pirate
Sharkey Felicia
Big One
angello
Latest topics
» Who's Your Favorite Captain
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 3:23 am by Jade De Menace

» Scallywag where art thou?
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 pm by Xiaolin

» Calling the Suicide Hotline
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:28 am by Willy von Zuppa

» Ship combat mechanics
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm by Othello

» On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm by Othello

» Scallywags Ranks
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 am by Othello

» I may have to stop
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 pm by Othello

» My other toons
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:27 pm by Othello

» Ahoy Matey's
On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:02 pm by Willy von Zuppa

Communicate

Communication
is the
Key to Success

Affiliates
free forum

On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Othello

Othello

On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead Empty
PostSubject: On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead   On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:54 pm

To big one good fight today like I told you I will tell you a little bit about my Avatar combat set up.

Sorry everyone but I just can't tell you everything it took me about 2 years to come up with this. I worked hard for it and I endured lots of frustration in the process. If it makes you feel better there are only 2 souls of the hundreds that play POTBS that know every detail of all my secrets. They are the Scallywags own Jack Sheppard and Fergus Lynch, they know because I am perpetually greatfull to both of them for all their assistance in helping me develop my Avcom build.

Story Time! Smile

My avcom build that I call "My Ultimate Shield" was inspired by one of the most fearsome monsters you will ever encounter in all the Burning sea especially before they nerfed him "Khan Bulm". I envied this monsters fighting ability. After several very frustrated raids of Fortaleza De Luz I got the crazy idea to copy how Khan Bulm fights. I knew that I would never be able to match Khan's attack power but I knew I could copy his fighting style. Khan has "high guard recovery" "high damage resistance", "stun attacks", "leech life attacks(X amount of damage is done over a variable period of time= leech life) and "lots of direct health attacks". I read up on all the fighting school skills and decided that the fencing school skill set would help me best copy this monster. Then create my nearly unbreakable Ultimate defense.

These are the items I usually have equipped. These items are important to the defense only. The ones with *** are most important.

***Sword- Spine Crusher < one of the hardest sword you will ever try to acquire...I went a little insane trying to get this, you have been warned>

In my general slots I have a combination of the following items I have not been able to do enough experiments to see which combination is the best...so I always carry them on my toon.

1. Pure Silver Mirror
2. Man Catchers Loop
3. ***Praylets Tenacious Treads (part of the inspiration behind the name of my one man society "Tenacious Undead")
4. Supple Boots 1st rate.
5. Arming gloves 1st rate.
6.*** Hidden Chest plate Steel <this item is very rare and difficult to find I received mine from one of the Orleans missions the one were you have to board the 3 ships and free the prisoners> Getting this items was a happy accident.

...here is what I used for Ultimate Shield 1.0

Sword- Mastercraft Rapier <this is the best sword substitute>

Torso equipment - Hidden Chest plate brass or chain shirt 1st rate are the best substitutes for the steel chest plate. From my experience the hidden chest plate brass works better.

I've told what I use how I make it work you figure it out.

One last thing I forgot to mention along with copying Khan I studied the AVcom mechanices...I'm not going to post them here because the documents are very easy to access. Just log on to the POTBS website look under game guides, then avatar combat, then mechanics. A lot of what I know started with the information in this document.

Good luck my friends.

Last edited by Othello on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix an error I didn't see earlier)
Back to top Go down
Othello

Othello

On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead   On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Ignore everything in my last few post under the guide section of our forum. With the much anticipated release of Pride and Prestige all of it is no longer relevant to the game now. Ship mechanics may still apply but not all of it is true anymore.

I will keep you updated on new builds when I come up with them. There are a lot of things I really like about the new Avcom system. There are things I don't like to but I'll live with them. There are a few things they said in the patch notes that are not true in the game as of now...

My new focus for avcom is the brawling school and the new fencing school.

To keep this brief Fencing and Brawling are the best resist fitting friendly schools. My Ultimate defense fencing build is way better now though a few of the mods I used for it got nerfed pretty badly, and my ultimate damage build on Crocodile with the Gun of del Morro is no longer very effective at all now.

All I'll say is I was only able to play with the brawling school skills for about 15 minuts before GMs had to shut the server down for a bug fix. It was a lot of fun only thing I don't like about it is you have to be in a different stance to use the skills that are in the skill tree. In-spite of that it was still really cool.

...in conclusion PRIDE & PRESTIGE IS AWESOME!!!!! but it will take some time to adjust to all the new awesomeness.
Back to top Go down

On the Longevity and Resilience of the Undead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scallywags :: Pirate Academy :: Guides-
Jump to: